Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Orchids and Rhubarb

This post is mainly for Holly and Jeny. Last year around Easter time someone gave me an orchid. I asked Holly how to take care of it, but was still pretty sure I'd kill it. Here it is this year! Not only did it survive, but it bloomed again! It's so gorgeous, and I'm quite pleased! Thank you, Holly!
Last summer we drove home from our wonderful, long stay in Colorado through Utah. Jeny sent us home with a chunk of her rhubarb because my kids LOVE rhubarb. I sort of forgot about it, and it sat in a plastic bag on my dryer for weeks and turned black. We planted it anyway, just because, and I noticed last week that it's growing! Yay! This is quite a miracle, because it survived the weeks of dryness in my laundry room without dying and the weeks of heavy rains we've had this spring without drowning. Thank you, Jeny!