Friday, July 13, 2012

Mindy catching up


We moved again.  Not by choice, but we found a great home in a very nice neighborhood, and it's a house we could live in forever.  The picture in the back yard shows our grapes!  Purple, pink, and green seedless table grapes.  We have a play house for the kids in the back, a nice covered porch, big trees to keep it shaded, a garden area with great soil.  Can you tell I love the yard?  The inside is dated (1990's teal carpet and walls, pink bathroom counters, flowery backsplash tile), but in very good condition so we can take our time updating. 
Jason takes the bar again on the 24-25th.  Please keep him in your prayers. 
Favorite married vacation:  By far I'd have to say our favorite vacation was when we went to California for Nickell's wedding and Disneyland. So nice that it worked out for Nickell to get married the same year we planned to go to Disneyland!  We stopped in Las Vegas on the way and went to Shark Reef.  We also happened upon Calico ghost town and decided to stop there and see what it was all about.  Jason and I spent a day in San Diego at the temple, and we all went to the beach with Kristi's family.  Jason got the worst sunburn ever.  We all had so much fun though!
Childhood friend:  Does high school count?  My best childhood friend was Sue Coakley.  We did almost everything together, including honors classes, choir, band, and shows.  We still keep in touch.  For a young childhood friend, Shauna Wursten would have to be the most memorable.  She came over to invite me to play soon after we moved to Colorado Springs, and I didn't want to but Mom made me, and I'm glad she did.  Dad mowed a path between our back yards and we went back and forth as we pleased.  Her mom made scones for breakfast when I slept over, and we played Barbies a lot.  She moved to the Netherlands after a couple of years, and we were pen pals for a long time. 
Birthday memory:  One year Jason planned a whole surprise trip for my birthday.  He pulled it off too!  He's usually not good at surprises because he gets too excited about it.  He planned for his mom to take the kids for a couple of days, and he took me to Salt Lake to go through an endowment session at the temple, and a few other things.  It was so fun, and a great break from the kids during a hard mom time. 
I think that catches me up! 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Nice house! Thanksgiving?

mindy said...

We are probably going to Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving this year, but next year, definitely!