Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Heidi's sounds


The summer sound Holly neglected to mention was the hum of the box fans Dad installed in our windows. The day he installed those was as exciting as Christmas to me. It meant summer and no more school! Of course, we all think of the grandfather clock and cuckoo clock as sounds not only of childhood, but of home. My favorite childhood sound, though, had to be the trio of snoring I heard in the neighboring bedroom--Mom, Dad, and B.J. all snoring together. I miss that dog. She was beautiful.

-Heidi

7 comments:

blauritz said...

Hmmmmm. She misses the beautiful dog, but no mention of Mom and Dad being missed. Hmmmmmm.

Amy said...

Beautiful is not exactly the word I would use for that dog.

Lori Diaz said...

Amy said it, not me (but I was definitely thinking something very similar and less polite!).

Parkinson Family said...

She was beautiful. And don't worry, Dad. I miss you guys plenty, but luckily you aren't quite as far away as B.J.

Unknown said...

What wasn't beautiful about her? I think she was beautiful!

Lori Diaz said...

I think it's pretty funny, and ironic, that both Heidi and I recall "snoring" coming from Mom & Dad's room as one of our childhood memories. Even with 12 years between our experiences, I guess some things just don't change that much!

Lori Diaz said...

Okay Jeny: fat, wrinkly, smelly, snoring, farting, arthritic mess... wait - I think I just described myself. Disregard that! She was ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!