Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hi From Springville!

April 30, 2008
Hi everyone from Springville. We've had a busy few weeks and it looks like it's just gonna get better this month (May).

Spencer is home with me so I keep pretty good tabs on what he's doing. Poor kid gets all the parenal attention he can stand and more! Spencer will be graduating on the 28th and the school wants to keep us all hopping with practices and meetings to make sure everything is ready for his big day. He's been working hard to finish my 4 drawer dresser in woodshop (no, he's not a dumb kid. He gets college credit for that class), and has had early choir days most mornings for the past 2 weeks. He had his choir tour the middle of April and was gone to LA for 7 days. My house was way too quiet! These past few weeks practices have been to get ready for his Masterworks concert tonight at the Provo Tabernacle with Provo High. His choir teacher is not really very good, and apparently couldn't get them ready for this during the 1 1/2 hour classes they have every other day, so he has been going in at 6:30 every morning. Now, if any of you know how happy Holly is in the wee hours of the morning, Spencer takes after her. It's been just fun and giggles every morning (that's sarcasm, for anyone who didn't pick up on it). Spencer also took Keilani (the cute girl that played Ayah in his play) to prom on Saturday night. He was really late asking her, and even later trying to rent a tux and ordering her corsage, so I took it upon myself to order the corsage and call the tux shops. There were 8 other prom's that night, so there were no tuxes to rent, although many shops said they had some to buy. I ordered the corsage, only to get home and find out that he had been responsible and ordered one, too. He gave her the choice which she wanted to wear (the one I picked out :)) and is giving the other to Tara to wear to church this week.

Tara finished her last final today and is coming home on Saturday for the summer. She thinks she did very well in her classes, and even took an art history class from Michael Ballam. She says he's a boring teacher. She is not engaged or married and will not be for awhile if I have anything to do with it. I guess I don't really have anything to do with it, though. She has a beta fish that she got for her birthday about 2 years ago. It has some kind of disease and most of it's fins are gone. He went to school with her like that in the fall, and that silly fish is still alive.

Mark loves his job and is just generally happy. He put a patio in under the arbor he made a few years ago and it looks pretty good. Not super flat, but we like to call it "rustic". He still plays Hockey, although he says it's getting harder and harder to move. I watched him play a few weeks ago and he's about as fast as a slug. He says he takes big strides. He keeps me laughing. He tells me that I better make him look good now by telling you that he usually scores a goal each game. He really is better than most of the kids he plays against, just a bit slower - but he is about 20 years older than most of them.

I'm just busy working all the time- either at work or at home. That's how it should be for moms I guess. Things at work have been super stressful this past week - more so than usual. I'm sure glad I have a nice family to come home to! I love you all!

2 comments:

Holly Emerson said...

What do you mean, I'm not happy in the morning? I'm delightful! Thanks for the update!

Nickell said...

Um I know Holly in the morning, and it is not fun.