Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update

This is Amy and family. We have had an exciting month. Joshua had his tonsils removed 2 weeks ago and just went back to school Monday. His voice sounds a little bit funny but I think It will go back to mostly normal once he's completely healed. He can still sing well, at least.

We had a 5.2 earthquake last friday, the 18th, at 5:37am. I think it originated in Illinois but we felt it strongly enough to wake everyone up. What a strange feeling, like someone was at the bottom of my bed bumping against it repeatedly. We heard there were aftershocks but didn't feel them.

So last week when Josh was home I told Alex my goal for the week was to finish his quilt top since his mink blanket is getting too warm. I figured with Josh here I would be able to get some sewing done during the day. The picture below is proof that I was sadly mistaken. While I was in the basement thinking the kids were all playing together and everything was fine, Joshua and Emma were all the way upstairs playing with each other and Zachary was in my room "playing" by himself. What you see is not lotion or cream but PURE cocoa butter. It is still in the front of his hair and everytime I use my phone I smell it. This is why I stay up until midnight -it's the only time I accomplish anything!

Our weather s been beautiful for a few weeks now and everything is in bloom. I love Spring!!!!! I have a huge bleeding heart bush and it is covered with flowers. And my friend has 3 huge lilacs can pick from to have fresh and great smelling flowers in my kitchen. There are some advantages to living in Kentucky.

I just got 400 pounds of wheat and I am so excited about it! I bake bread usually twice a week now and the kids love it. I would like to propose setting up some kind of site where we can share food storage ideas and ways to use it. Maybe another link on the blog? Does anyone think that would be useful? already given me some ideas and I am really doing well getting more prepared. And I think now that we've felt an actual earthquake Payne doesn't think I'm so nuts. I also think that the possibility of a trucker's strike is getting more and more real with gas so high. This blog idea is great and I hope everyone will contribute regularly. Thanks Nickell for getting it up and running!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

That's my favorite part of living in the south too. Our Azalia bushes are bright and pink, and the whisteria smells beautiful. We have all kinds of birds out around the house. Spring down here is well worth it.

Grandma said...

I dont know about having all the bugs though. I would sure like to be able to grow something. I am so antsy for spring. Heard about snow yesterday in Utah so we will probably get it soon. I do however have my seeds planted downstairs and they are doinag great.
What a mess, Amy, reminds me of head and shoulders and desitin and many other messes.

Unknown said...

why do you have pure cocoa butter? remember that part about having boys in the house? There are just some things you avoid when there are boys in the house.