Friday, April 25, 2008

Parkinson Family Disney Vacation

We're back and we're super tan!! For those who don't ever talk to me or Dad, our family and Jason's parents and brother went on a Disney land and sea adventure. We spent three days on land at the Caribbean Beach Resort and went to all of the Disney parks. The kids loved Splash Mountain so much that they ended up on that ride three times, which is a lot considering the long lines!! They will appreciate Dad's Uncle Remus stories that much more now.

After the land, we went to sea for four days aboard the "Disney Wonder". I had never been on a cruise before, but I can promise you I will be going again! This was the greatest experience of my life. We went to the Bahamas to Nassau and Disney's own island. We went snorkeling and I even went parasailing! That was so great. The cruise ship has activities for the kids to be involved in from 8:00 in the morning until midnight, so you never even have to see your kids if you don't want to. Of course, we had ours with us most of the time on the beach. The food was amazing, too. I tried escargot and can't recommend it, but at least I can say I tried it. It just tasted like garlic and butter, but the big black slimy thing was not pretty.
So here's a few pics from our trip.

Our first day at Magic Kingdom

The Caribbean Beach Resort

Captain Jack Sparrow and the actual "Flying Dutchman", Davy Jones' ship in "Pirates II"

I'm a pirate...ARRRRR
Snow White (Rachel was terrified of Dopey
















1 comment:

Teresa said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like so much fun! I bet the kids had a blast. :)