Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mom Catching Up...

I guess I should contribute to the blog if I expect others to do it. We had a great trip. It was lots of fun. I only wish we could have stayed longer. I'm so excited that the dragon was born. I really want to see it.
I have thought and thought. I can't think of any triumphs. Maybe that I get up every morning and go to work 3 days a week.
The fourth of July was a lot of fun when I was young. We would go to the parade then to the bazaar that the Relief Society did every year downtown. After that and a few carnival rides we'd go home and have a great big picnic on the front lawn. We had lots of family in Utah and they'd all come down-my mom's families. When I turned 12, I started participating in Panorama. It's now known as the Stadium of Fire. I did that for about 6 years. Was a dancer for a couple of years, then in choruses. I did "Summertime" when we did a bit from shows popular at the time. I was on our ward float one year. They showed that at Panorama as the winning one. It was fun because we were on the stage to watch the fireworks. Since we moved to Colorado there hasn't been that much to do. At Memorial Park they have a big shindig with the Colorado Springs Symphony and fireworks, booths and rides. We never went because we were usually in Utah picking the cherries at Grandma and Grandpa's. This year they canceled the fireworks because of the cost. We didn't do anything. I guess we're too old and don't like crowds very much.

No comments: