Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lori's Birthday Memory

I recall a few birthdays that were memorable, but the most memorable birthday was my 14th.  Mom took me to Sizzler for steak and langostino (which made me sick but I didn't care 'cause it was SOOOO good!), and then we went shopping for a store bought dress.  It was so exciting that I still remember that dress well - light blue A-line with spaghetti straps and a white jacket belted with a light blue belt.  I felt like a princess!

Another memorable birthday was my 16th.  My first "real" date was with Doug Edwards.  He was one of the "popular kids" and on the football team so I wanted it to go really well.  Just as he, his friend Pat, and Pat's date were finishing singing Happy Birthday and I was getting ready to blow out the candles, 2-year-old Matthew came tearing down the stairs stark naked screaming, "I did it!  I did it in the toilet!".  Nice.

And lastly, my most depressing birthday was my 30th. There were 3 kids asleep upstairs, a pathophysiology test the next day, husband deployed to Cuba and at midnight I realized that no one had called me except Mom & Dad and I had received a card from Aunt Julie earlier in the week.  I was watching "Speechless" and bawling my eyes out.  Poor me!  (I crack myself up!)

Red heartLori

1 comment:

Holly Emerson said...

That 16th birthday memory is awesome!