Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kenyan Birthday


Without even having to think about it, the best birthday of my life happened to be over 8000 miles from home when I was on safari in Kenya. We went in August/September of 2005 with a group from Jason's medical school. The first seven days was spent as a medical mission--44 people in our group including doctors, nurses, medical students and one other spouse treated over 2000 people with various problems from goiters to worms to AIDS. I saw some gross stuff. But the people were wonderful and we had an amazing time. The last three days of the trip (my birthday being one of them!) we were on safari, enjoying great food (crocodile and camel meat excluded) and beautiful scenery at the David Livingstone Safari Resort in the Savannah. If I look terrified to have my back to the rhinos, it's because I really was. In fact, I didn't even want to get out of the jeep. The last picture shows me with my cake that I got from our waiter at the resort. That birthday will be difficult, if not impossible, to top!!



-Heidi 

1 comment:

Lori Diaz said...

Heidi, I LOVE your hair like that! You look so sofisticated (sp??)