Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thanks to Heidi and Holly for a Birthday Post--Let's see some more

I don't have any birthdays that come even close to Heidi's, but as soon as I read this question the first birthday that came to mind was my 16th.  Heidi and I had a party in the backyard with our friends (girls AND boys) and we played badminton and had a really good time.  I think it was the Greenburgs who sent a man over who was kind of a clown and he made us wear hats made out of coffee filters.  It was also memorable because we invited Josh Jones, and he thought that we had called to invite his little brother because he thought we were a lot younger than he was.  He came, and we became pretty good friends.
Another birthday that I remember all too well is the last one I had in the mission field.  I went to get the mail, and the only thing in it that day was a package from Mom--with my prescription in it.  Not even a letter.  That was the year that the stupid post office decided that since my name wasn't on the mailbox, they wouldn't deliver any packages to me and they all got sent back.  I did get two balloon bouquets from Lori that night, though, and it saved the awful day!  A few days later I got my package from Amy with a really good cake mix and everything to make it.  That was pretty fun, too!

6 comments:

Lori Diaz said...

It's good to know I'm not ALWAYS a screw up! Every once in a while I do the right thing...

Parkinson Family said...

It was indeed Aimee who hired the clown. That was embarrassing. Nathan bought us the badminton set as a gift, then he and Brandy made out on the garden swing. Good times!

Holly Emerson said...

Ewe, really? I don't remember that. Lori--you've always been very thoughtful. I still have the sapphire ring you gave me when I was baptized!

Parkinson Family said...

Yes, Lori, you and win the award for thoughtfulness in this family. Holly, I do have a picture from our birthday party that blogger is not liking very much. Maybe some day I'll get it up.

Parkinson Family said...

Ha! Got it. Finally.

Holly Emerson said...

Oh no you didn't! That's funny!