Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Power of Prayer

I wanted to share with everyone an experience we had this week. Alex was walking home from school with a friend a few days ago and they both decided they needed to "go". So Alex set his cello down on the sidewalk, the cello we rent from the school, and went down into the drainage ditch. While he was down there someone came driving by in a pick-up, saw the cello, and helped himself to it. Needless to say I was very angry and upset. We filed a police report but had to wait until morning to do anything else. The next day Alex asked me to call his teacher before class but I told him he was going to have to tell her himself. His teacher called me around noon and said that someone found the cello on the road about 2 miles from where Alex had stopped and called the school. How we got it back is a long story, but we got it back. The interesting thing was the conversation Alex and I had right after I told him the cello had been found.
mom- "So what do you think?"
Al- "I am so lucky!"
mom- "Really? Did you say your prayers last night?"
Al- "Yeah, and I said them this mor...Ohhhhhhhhh"
mom- "So now what do you think?"
Al- "Prayer is Awesome!"

-Amy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alex, I think prayer is pretty awesome, too! Great lesson.

mindy said...

That's great. A couple of my kids have had their prayers answered like that so immediately and obviously that they now have a strong testimony of prayer. It's a wonderful thing.