Friday, December 26, 2008

Heidi's Line...

"Little full, lot of sap." That was our favorite line this year from National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation". That's Jason's and my traditional Christmas Eve movie after kids are in bed (because it's WAY too crude for little ones to be watching--we have to edit it for ourselves, but it's pretty funny, too). After buying our first real tree this year we had a very similar experience to the Griswolds with getting a tree that's probably a little too full and does have a lot of sap. We probably quote from "A Christmas Story" more than any other movie, though. "Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie, I triple dog dare you, you'll shoot your eye out", etc. Every time I watch Ralphie come down the stairs in his bunny pajamas, I hear mom laughing. She loves that part. Also, who among us doesn't find ourselves singing "Jingre Berrs"?
Other "must sees" every year for me are "Charlie Brown Christmas", "Home Alone", "It's a Wonderful Life", "Miracle on 34th Street" (and it has to be the old version with Maureen O'hara), the George C. Scott version of "A Christmas Carol", "The Bishop's Wife", and "White Christmas". Luckily I own all of these movies because they don't show them on t.v. anymore. It's always the horrible Patrick Stewart version of "A Christmas Carol", or the claymation movies every night. I wish we could all get together and watch these movies with some Spanish hot chocolate. I miss Amy waking everyone up and hitting the broom against the ceiling to get dad up. It's fun to see that same excitement in my little ones.

No comments: