Monday, December 8, 2008

How the World has Changed for Heidi

It's all about perspective! The world probably isn't too different now from what it was 25 years ago, but it sure seems that way to me. As a child, everything was beautiful and I wanted nothing else but to travel. I wanted to see everything! Ok, I still do. I never paid attention to politics and still try to avoid it when I can, so I'm not sure how government was back then. I do remember Reagan was great and very well liked. I remember AIDS was a relatively new thing and a big topic of discussion. I think Greg Louganis was responsible for that. One big thing different about the world then was that time moved more slowly. I had all afternoon and summer to coast bikes and scooters down Rusty Hinge. Now there aren't enough hours in the day to get anything done and I'm always behind. I miss time. I miss it a lot. It just seems to me like the world is falling apart a lot faster now than it was then. We've been seeing signs of the times for a while now, but they are more frequent now. California is burning up and will be gone soon. Time to get out, Kristi.
I think we didn't get the response from last week's question because we had already talked about our grandparents. Also, lets face it--it's December. You want to know how many millions of things I should be doing right now rather than writing this?? Better get busy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've got to agree with you on the time thing. What happened to it? My kids never even seemed to have the time I did - always doing homework. I guess schools have changed, too. Too much pressure to be better than everyone else.