Monday, September 13, 2010

Kristi's Surprises

The time I most vividly remember being surprised is when we had recently moved to Colorado. I was in mourning at leaving all my friends behind and probably moped around for the better part of every day. Sometime near my birthday I was going to Casa Bonita in Denver for my birthday dinner. Dad said he had to stop by the airport to pick up somebody that was flying on for work. It was way before airport security was so tight that you couldn’t walk in the front door without a ticket in hand. We walked with him to the gate of the “co-worker who was flying in” and getting off the plane was my BEST friend in the world Leota Pearson (yes that’s her real name). I was so excited I couldn’t speak!! One of the best surprises ever!!!
AND I remember surprising Mom and Dad for their anniversary a few times. One time I made my first cake, chocolate. It looked like something we scooped out of the cow pasture and that is not an exaggeration. I don’t even remember if it tasted good, actually I’m not sure anyone even tried it. It looked that bad!

The other time was when we set up a dinner in the back yard of our Livermore home, I believe. Small table, red checkered table cloth and candles. Then we thought we were so clever by setting a stereo to play music out the window while they ate. Lori and I were the waiters and when we were not taking the food out we were hiding behind the couch and watching everything from the window. Oh how we giggled when they started to dance. I don’t know why we thought it was so funny to see them dance. It felt like the scene on Parent Trap when they are trying to get their parents back together.

I’m sure there are more but that’s it for now.

4 comments:

Barry Lauritzen said...

I do remember the cake and the Livermore dinner. You guys were fun then and even more fun now. I'm glad you came to live with us.

Sorry if there are typing errors. I'm having trouble seeing right now. Some kind of water in my eyes.

Grandma said...

I remember the Livermore dinner and the cake. We did eat it. The dinner was so fun. I remember saying we need to dance and kiss so you guys could see it. We could see you every minute. It was so fun. Lots of good memories. Thanks for Writing Kristi.

Unknown said...

I remember the garage cake, but not the dinner. I do , however, remember the "Over 40 and still a Fox" cake. Mom laughed about that a lot!

Lloyd & Kristi said...

Dad, I love you!! I love you too Mom, thanks for kissing for us. We always said it was "gross" but I always knew my parents were in love!