Monday, September 13, 2010

Teresa's Surprises Plus Some!

So I know I've been totally lame about blogging. Haven't honestly sat at a computer long enough to even think about it. But I don't work today, so I'm making time :)
Question of the week: I can't pinpoint any particular surprise as a kid because there were so many. Between fun suprises and not so fun surprises, I can't say that my childhood was boring.
As for me suprising someone- the latest surprises I got to give were 1) telling my mother in law that I was planning a trip to Alaska and she was invited (she's ALWAYS wanted to visit alaska) and 2) last week my friend Kevin gave me a copy of Beauty and the beast and the Little Mermaid, so I got to surprise Cassie with those. She loves Belle.
Since the reunion in Colorado, we jumped right back into routine with a couple extras. I was promoted at work, Derek started first grade and Boy Scouts. Cassie's in daycare twice a week and her birthday is coming up next month. I am searching all over Hot Springs for a tumbling class for her because I don't know how much more my couches can take. :) Derek and Cassie have opened their very first savings accounts and enjoy saving and checking on the computer how much money they have. Keith is still driving 2 hours a day for work... on a motorcycle. I have rekindled my love for all things Disney (and by this I mean cartoon Disney, not the new craze of tween sitcoms). We've finally finished our walkway and now I can start on my evergreen/rose garden. We went to Keith's company picnic this weekend at the local theme park. Derek tried the boogie board ride and had a blast (it's a wave simulator- he wiped out twice but still loved it) Cassie got to ride her first roller coaster and loved it. I got our Adventure Book almost caught up (got this idea from Up haha it's a scrapbook of every state our family has been to). Nothing terribly exciting, but never a dull moment. :) Just enjoying what we have and always planning our next adventure.

3 comments:

Barry Lauritzen said...

I hope that you remember that I lived in Fairbanks, Alaska, for three yers as a child. Despite the distance in time, those memories are as clear to me as if they happened last week. I hope that you can get to Fairbanks on your trip. When are you going to do this? What is your itinerary. I would love to send you to some of the Lauritzen "historic" sites in Fairbanks.

I love you involved you are in life. God bless you for it, and your children as well.

Grandma said...

Thank you so much for writing. Grandpa is envious you are going to Alaska. He has always wanted to drive the ALCAN Highway. I don't know what it's called now. We looked into it and decided with gas so very much now we couldn't do it. It's a long way. I suggested a cruise but Grandpa very quickly declined. He doesn't do boats.
When are you doing it?

Teresa said...

Well, like Grandpa, I don't do boats... ever, but the most feasible way to see Alaska on a smaller budget is by cruise, so this is how we will go. Unfortunately we will only be traveling through southeast Alaska (Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway etc) so Fairbanks isn't on the itinerary this time. We are planning to do a Disney cruise in the summer of 2012 (nervous about being on the boat, but I'm still pretty excited). Keith and I decided that when the kids have grown and left, we want to fly in and see Denali, Anchorage, Fairbanks etc. I think we've convinced quite a few people to come with us too, so that'll add to the fun :)