Friday, April 17, 2009

Amy's First Memories

I have a lot of early memories. Not as early as Mindy's but I have an advantage. My earliest memories were in California and we left there when I was five, so at least I know they didn't happen after that. I remember twirling around in the backyard and cutting my head open, then going in the back door to the family room and Mom laying me on the yellow and green couch and putting an ice pack on my head. I remember stealing all the Flintstones vitamins-I had to stand on the counter to get to them-and getting caught when they all fell out of my pocket on the swingset and the little boy I was playing with (can't remember who) running and telling his mom I had candy. I definitely remember the frog Jeny and I killed in the tire swing. I can't remember which one of us it was but I think it was Jeny. She used to pinch my fingers in the door a lot and one day Mom got mad at her and pinched her fingers in the door so she would know what it felt like. I remember Lori vacuuming out the fireplace in Newark. I know, that's a weird one-we must have a movie of it somewhere. I remember going to the ocean once, I think Debbie Davis was with us. did she live in CA? By the way, never pee in salt water. OWWWWW. There's a reason I remember that trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You all remember me being mean. I guess it's a good thing I'm the nicest ever now, eh? and the salt water you refer to was the great salt lake. very bad idea!