Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nickell's First Memories

There are a few things I remember from way back when, but like most everyone else I am not sure the order of how they actually occurred or even how old I was when then did. I remember visiting my mom at work. My dad did our hair and I remember being so embarrassed. I don't remember what it looked like. Kudos to dad for trying though. That had to have been when we lived in the Layton house because Jordan was there and decided to throw a fit when he wasn't allowed to have the peanut m&ms. He then proceed to smash his own head against a glass table. What a tard. It was really scary when I was little though. My dad held him as we drove to the hospital. He was wearing a white shirt and blood was everywhere. Traumatic experiences are usually pretty easy to remember. I also remember Kelsey falling in the bath tub and splitting her chin open. My siblings were always full of stitches. Never me. I remember every detail of breaking my arm... the second time. I was at my friends house and there was a babysitter. We were playing on the swingset in the backyard. I was going across the monkey bars and thought that I could skip 5. I was wrong. I fell, my friend walked me home, and my mom got mad at me. She then got a VHS tape for me to hold my arm on so that it was supported while we went to get a cast. One of the times I broke my arm, (I can't remember which one) I had a really bad itch on my hand under my cast. I tried and tried to scratch it and couldn't so I was willing to scratch it with anything. I stuck a penny down there. It got stuck. When my cast was removed, my skin had started growing around the penny. My skin underneath the penny was green and it smelled SO BAD!

Another memory I have is when I burned my hand really bad. I was helping my mom cook something on the stove, I was little. I was standing on a stool so I could reach. The stool slipped from under me, my hand went out so I could catch myself. Not only did I catch myself, but in the process I pushed whatever pan was on the stove top out of the way and my hand went directly onto the burner. I just remember my hand being BLACK. I don't know if it actually was black or if I just associate the color with how badly it hurt.

There was a bleach stain on our carpet by the basement door in our house in Layton. I remember that house very vividly.

There's a lot about that house that I remember. Most of my childhood memories are in that house.

I remember visiting my dad at work when he worked at Silo, I don't remember where we lived when he worked there but I remember visiting him there. Mom where did we live?

I have pretty vague memories of when Jordan was born.

Most of my memory disappeared when I was prego. I used to remember a ton! Now not so much.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I completely understand the "baby brain" as my mom calls it. I think once you get pregnant, you loose 100 memories right from the start and it keeps getting worse :)

Parkinson Family said...

That's why you keep journals!! Too late now. I totally remember Jordan smashing his head against everything! He head-butted me all the time and is hurt so bad! What a kid.

Teresa said...

Thats why I think the blog is so great! I can post all the minute things I want to remember and when I cant remember, I can look bac at my book.

Amy said...

I remember Dornan throwing himself backward and slamming his head on the floor - and Kristi saying "Do it again". Tard is right! Maybe that's why he has headaches now - self-inflicted shaken baby syndrome.

Nickell said...

I do have a journal. I just didn't have one until I was 8 so anything prior to that.... almost gone.

Lloyd & Kristi said...

ok Nickell, not bad but dad did your hair when he brought all of you to the hospital after Kylee was born, not when I was working. And we lived in Layton and Kaysville when Dad worked at Silo.