Thursday, June 4, 2009

Amy's Books

I hated to read when I was growing up. I don't remember reading any series, except Laura Ingalls Wilder. I did actually make it all the way through Gone With The Wind in High School.
Now I love to read! As soon as I finished school I went to the library and checked out 5 books and I am loving being able to read for pleasure again. I think my favorite author now has to be Charles Martin. He's a great storyteller and clean at the same time. There are books that I love but not for the author, like The Thirteenth Tale, Pope Joan, both Hosseini (sp?) books, and I really liked Angels and Demons but I didn't like any of his other books. I really don't like it when an author gets too caught up in being artistic and fresh rather than just telling a great story. There are so many books I would still like to read but they may have to wait until I graduate!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I LOVED the Thirteenth Tale and Pope Joan! They were great books. The others I think you're talking about are The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Both well worth the time spent to read them!!!