Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Heidi's Books

I never read as a child. I really thought it was the most boring thing a person could do. I did pick up a Trixie Beldon book once in a while, but that was rare. Even in school I faked all my book reports and did very well with it. I never read the Odyssey, but managed to get 100% on the oral report. I even did a report on the Iliad as extra credit and never read it. Now that I'm older and wiser, it's hard to keep me from reading. I am a huge fan of Charles Martin, like Amy. His books are soooo refreshingly clean and inspiring. I love it! I also love classics like Rebecca, The Scarlet Pimpernel and The Count of Monte Cristo, and David Copperfield is on my list of favorites. Books are great!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Martin, too, a LOT! I have never read David Copperfield, but I love the other classics you mentioned, so I better read that one next!

mindy said...

I'm going to have to order some Martin books on Amazon, I guess. My library doesn't have any! Guess that comes from living in the land of the hippie liberals. Jason's term, in case you couldn't tell.