Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lori's Books

I have been an avid reader forever. Now that my old-lady eyesight has kicked in it's not so much fun 'cause I have to get all "prepared" and everything and I can't just fall asleep reading, I gotta take off the specs first. Agh!!!
Anyway, my favorite series as a little girl was Little House on the Prarie. I read the entire series several times. I can still remember once when it was 100+ degrees outside and I was reading about the blizzard "Pa" got caught in between the house and the barn and was shivering cold just from being into the book so much. Weird how the mind works.
Now, as a teenager, I went nuts over the Harlequin romance novels. I must have read (and Kristi will attest to the fact that many were re-enacted in front of a mirror) more than 100 of those. That's where I fell in love with the idea of touring the Greek islands. Sounds SO beautiful!
Lately, the best book I've read is "The Shack". Not exactly Mormon literature, but definitely a spiritual experience worth the read!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved Little House, too. I forgot that!