Monday, June 15, 2009

Mom Catching Up -A Lot!

I thought I'd better catch up on the blog. I don't remember my first makeup but the first time I remember was a time when I sang in the 4th celebration called Panorama- now called something else. I sang Summertime from Porgy and Bess. I had to be black so this guy who I really had a crush on was putting it on my legs. AHHH!!!!!!!! Fun times.
I've always loved reading. My first favorite set was an orange bound set of biographies about famous people. I have found a few at garage sales. There were about 400 I think. I was probably 2nd or 3rd grade. Next was Nancy Drew. I don't remember Trixie Belden being around then. I read lots and lots of others that I loved. Now I read lots of different things. I loved Harry Potter series but I don't usually like fantasy. I love mysteries, Charles Martin books, victorian romance(Dauphne Du Marier, Victoria Holt,) Just everything. I loved the Donna Green stories, LDS author. Mary Higgins Clark, so on.
We had a great trip back east. It was fun to see where Matt and Amanda and kids live. They have grown up so much. It's so beautiful out there. I don't know why the people are so grumpy and unfriendly. Not at Amanda's but at the gas stations, stores, airport. I do remember that now from when we moved back west. It was a beautiful drive back up to Heidi's . I rode with Matt. He came with us. We left later and got there quite late. We went to Knobles, a fun little amusement that had a carosel museum. Went to a dutch market on the way home. I sure wish we had something like that here. It was not as good as the one in Maryland but they had black cocoa, and it really was. We drove around a very old town and went to the charming library. It is so neat with carved wood and pillars, old stairs. Loved it. Amanda came with the kids on Friday. The kids had a ball playing together. Amy was there from Tuesday on. I havent seen her kids for a while either. It was just a fun time. To have everyone together. I admit my bed felt awfully good when we got home.

No comments: