Thursday, June 4, 2009

France Update

Hey everyone,

Tara doesn't have a lot of time, and making a blog apparently takes her too much time. She has asked me to tell you all that she posts pictures and whatever she can on facebook because it uploads her pictures faster than blogging. If you have a facebook account and she's already your friend, you can just go look. If you have one and she's not your friend, add her and if you don't have a facebook account use someone elses (like I do) and you can see her hundreds of pictures. She even got a very blurry one of herself with the Mona Lisa.

She is staying in Annecy now, in a house with an older gentleman. That's her host family. Just this one guy. She was pretty nervous at first, especially since he speaks no english. Now she says she can talk to him but she doesn't always get what he's saying. Today she sent me a recipe tha she really liked. It is a salad made with tomatoes, corn, eggs, crab, tuna or chicken (she couldn't figure out which) and some kind of oil, I think. I'm pretty amazed that she couldn't figure out fish or chicken. That seems pretty easy to act out. She tested today to see what classes she is in, and she's in the #8 (of 10) class. I guess her french is better than I thought. Anyway, that's the update so far. Here she is at the lake in Annecy.

No comments: