Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Amy's Teachers

The teacher that has had the greatest impact and made the most difference in my life was not a school teacher. It was and is my current voice teacher, David Chapman. He is an incredible musician and a wonderful man. He has helped me realize the full potential of my voice and continue trying to perfect my talent. He motivates and encourages me always and he's also a dear friend. He has made some choices in his life that I disagree with (he and his partner are soon celebrating 30 years together) but that doesn't make me love or respect him and his talent any less. I am not his judge, I am his student.
Another wonderful teacher that I remember with great fondness (believe it or not) is Herb Lawson, my 16-year-old sunday school teacher. He really knew how to make us respond and he kept me in touch with the class even after I went to Idaho. I really appreciated his concern for all of us.

No comments: