Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jeny's Teacher

There was one teacher that really stands out in my memory. He was my 6th grade history teacher at West Jordan Middle School, Mr. Mulliner. I loved his class, and in 6th grade that is saying a lot. It wasn't even because he was cute, because he wasn't. I remember the Greek and Roman history the most, and he is the reason I remember it as well as I do. I think the thing that stands out in my mind the most was that he didn't seem to have a favorite student. He treated us all with respect and most of all, kindness. He let us have time to socialize while working on projects, and when the usual favorites got a little rude or out of hand, he put them in their place, but he was kind about it. One day when we were supposed to be taking a test, I was trying to fix a necklace that had broken. He noticed this, and asked why I wasn't writing the test. When I told him, he offered to fix the necklace so I could work on the test and get the best grade possible - and when I handed him my test he handed me the repaired necklace. I guess what I remember the most from him was a feeling of kindness when I felt like everyone else didn't even know I was there.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Do you remember the Social Studies teacher at AAJH that you gave a B of M to? He used to stand in the hallway between classes and he always talked to me. And I can't remember his name!