Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jeny's Satuday Activities

As a kid my favorite memory of Saturday was cartoons. I loved speed buggy (and had the lunchbox to prove it). I liked the banana splits when I was really young - that was in California. I loved Saturday nights at grandmas house - watching Lawrence Welk while grandma put dippetydoo in my hair to hold the curls in (nasty stuff!). I didn't so much love Lawrence Welk, but I did love grandmas house.

As a teen, Saturdays meant voice lessons with Mrs. Seaman (go ahead and laugh, everyone does) and then ironing (heavy starch) or cleaning her house. I didn't like Saturdays as a teen. I didn't even get to sleep in.

As a mom of young ones I loved bath time. The kids always liked taking a bath, so it was just fun. And now that I'm old I like bathtime for myself - especially with my new bath tray that Spencer made for me. It's wonderful!

2 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

Poor Mom. We always rub in the bath thing. Maybe we should all get her the step-in tub??

Lloyd & Kristi said...

picture of the bathtub tray please!