Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Heidi's Teacher

I had several school classes and teachers that influenced me. Sadly, most of my teachers taught me what I did not want to be when I grew up. I may have had decent grades, but never really got along with my teachers, especially in college. The one I really do remember having a great relationship with was my 8th grade social studies/science teacher, Mr. Percival. From the very beginning of middle school, he was rumored to be this awful man who was so mean and strict and the worst rumors were that he was always hitting on the girls. The latter I found to be completely untrue, but he was strict. I think that's the quality I liked most about him. I finally had a teacher who recognized my potential and forced me to live up to it. I got a C in social studies that year because he was so difficult but I still learned so much! I loved Mr. Percival so much that I invited him to the teacher appreciation dinner we had for a YW/YM activity. He used to play this funny "computer" music every morning before class. I actually heard one of those songs while I was at Walmart yesterday and it made me smile. Of course I hummed along.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Oh I totally agree with you! I did not get along with most of my teachers and most of them taught me what not to do or be.