Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heidi's Advice

Mindy did have the all important lesson, I think. I do have some other little ones. My family has a favorite saying that the kids learned in school: you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. We use that one a lot, especially when vegetables are served. There's also: use it up, wear it out--make due, or do without. I wish Jason and I used that one a little more. Too bad we just really like new things. That's probably our greatest weakness.
I just woke from a great 20 minute nap (Sara is still sleeping) and remember some great advice that always helps me. How many of you when facing a trial hear Dad's voice saying "This, too, shall pass"? I love it. Joseph Smith was in the depths of despair (to quote Anne Shirley) in Liberty jail and was crying out to God asking when all the suffering would end. He was given the answer in D&C 121:7-8, "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
This, too, shall pass.

No comments: