Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jeny's Books

As a kid I loved the Hardy Boys most. Nancy Drew was OK, but the Hardy Boys weren't girls, so they were way more exciting! I have always loved mysteries and some fantasy. My favorites now are Mary Higgins Clark - super easy to read and they sometimes give me the chills since they are so creepy. I really love the Cadfael mysteries! They combine my love of mysteries with gardening (he's an apothecary)and old England. Very exciting! Tara likes things like Pride and Prejudice and Emma, so I don't usually read what she suggests. Boring! Spencer had inspired me to read things I normally wouldn't just because I want to know what he likes to read. He loves Michael Crichton novels especially Sphere and State of Fear. He has also introduced me to Neil Gaiman and I have to say I do love his writing. He is very imaginitive! He wrote Stardust (the movie is better than the book, but he came up with the original idea) and my favorite of his books, Neverwhere and Anansi Boys. Great books!

1 comment:

mindy said...

I've never heard of a movie being better than the book! I like Jane Austen too.