Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mindy's Makeup First...

The first time I wore makeup for real was when I was visiting Jeny at BYU. I was 12, so not too much younger than the house rules allowed for makeup. She taught me how to put it on, and I remember thinking I looked kind of silly. I don't remember if Mom and Dad knew, but it wasn't a big deal. I got to do most things earlier, because I was so tall that I always looked older than I was. Although, I do remember Mom and Dad were very disappointed in me when I got my ears pierced 3 days before my 18th birthday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

fun times! You did look a little silly, but it always looks silly the first time anyone wears make up. Also it was me helping you. That is never good. It was fun breaking the rules, though!

Barry Lauritzen said...

Shame on you, Jeny, for corrupting your little sister.

Unknown said...

that's the older sister's job!

Amy said...

Hey Mindy, I got my ears pierced only one day before my birthday, and only because my birthday was on a Sunday that year. Dad was a little more than disappointed!! You got off easy.