Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Heidi's Fears

What wasn't I afraid of as a child? That's the real question. I was terrified of the dark, bugs, getting stuck in snow drifts and freezing to death, and thanks to Mom's story about Grandma, evil spirits. I have grown out of most of my fears, not out of maturity, but out of necessity. When Jason would go out of town for basic training, TDY's or whatever, I had to learn to overcome the fear or I got no sleep. Lots of practice has cured me of my fear of the dark. With kids now afraid of bugs, I have to be the tough one and kill them, and I now find some bugs very fascinating. I think my height has fixed my snow drift fear (either that or I haven't seen Colorado snow in way too long) and my faith has almost eliminated my fear of evil spirits. That one might still need a little work.
I'm glad to see we're getting things started again on the blog! Our basement bedroom is almost finished, so I will have our most exciting before and after pictures yet to post hopefully by November.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you can sleep when he's gone? how do you do that? I went 6 months with little or no sleep while Mark wsa job searching here and I was in MO. Worst 6 months ever!