Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Holly's Junk

My junk drawer is full of the same stuff as everyone else's. Like Amy's, mine is kind of small and I have yet to organize some things, so it is quite stuffed right now. I have the typical pens, pencils, tools, batteries, scissors, picture hangers, etc. One unusual thing I have is a large lump of coal that Matt got for Christmas last year from his work. I know, I know--teachers in Utah get paid very little and hate their jobs. What can we give them for Christmas that will help boost morale? A lump of coal! Very poetic. But, I am keeping it in case we ever need it some day. Might be useful for a child's stocking.
As for this week's question, I think the most memorable one-on-one time with my dad is when I was attending Ricks College and he came up and drove me to Victor to see his old haunts. On the drive there he told me about the summers he used to spend there and some of his favorite memories. While there we saw his grandparents' house, the location of the ditch that used to be there where his cousin drowned, the cemetery (very pretty, by the way), and his cousin's house. It was a very nice trip and I got to know my dad a lot better.

No comments: