Friday, October 9, 2009

Lori's Fear

Did I say that, Jeny? Go figure. I was probably trying to sound very wise.

Anyway, like Heidi, I was afraid of everything! Electric sockets, zucchini poisoning, not having enough of everything, Kristi's karate chops in the middle of the night, being grabbed by the "monster" as I climbed up to the top bunk (Kristi exploited that one endlessly), and of course the piano keys at night (because, you know they come alive and turn into teeth when no one is watching). I truly thought Dad was trying to kill me when he pulled me over to the kitchen in Fremont during the night to "touch" the "monster" and show me it really wasn't there. That monster had made me wet the floor in my bedroom door-frame more than once and I guess it was starting to smell. I still don't like scary movies (I do believe in ghosts and evil spirits), and I don't like the unknown very much, but for the most part I'm not such a scare-d-cat anymore. Good thing since I live alone in kind of a creepy neighborhood, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zucchini poisoning! Haha! You made me laugh! Thanks! (I need that a LOT!