Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Spencer's Non-Farewell.

Apparently in Utah we have found ways to get around the "don't have a missionary farewell" counsel. The soon-to-be missionary speaks in sacrament meeting the Sunday before he leaves and that is everyone's cue that there is going to be an opened house for him. It's not a farewell, because none of the rest of the family can be part of the program. I suggested that I might not do the opened house, and was told that people are going to show up anyway. So here is the announcement to my family that Spencer is having a non-farewell next Sunday. He speaks in church on the 18th at 11am. You can sit with me and make faces at him. BBQ at my house afterward, during Sunday school. I feel guilt - a little. Come join us and we will feed you. 8 more days until he leaves.

3 comments:

Matt L said...

I wish I could afford to drive out... I REALLY wanted to see Spencer before he goes :( I tried to convince mom to go (so she could pay for it), but they have appoinments and training and stuff.

Unknown said...

Maybe if you started walking now . . .? I'm kidding, don't really do that. I hope you just wrote that to throw me off and you are going to show up tonight and surprise me!

Matt L said...

I wish it was just a set-up to surprise you... but alas, it's not. Unless someone else is going out that way and I can hitch a ride?!