Thursday, March 5, 2009

Heidi's Hospital Stays

My only hospital stay other than babies was when I was 11 years old and had my tonsils removed. I remember going in to the waiting room and they brought us those warmed hospital blankets. Those were great. I say we because Holly and I did everything together, including this. Before the surgery, they took Holly and me to see the room we were going to stay in for the few hours after surgery. It was a very cute room with two beds on opposite ends of the room. It was painted with bright colors and looked so fun. We never did get that room. Instead, they separated us and put us in these horrible, drab rooms. I was disappointed, but too tired from anesthesia to really be able to care too much. It was an outpatient surgery, anyway. We didn't stay long. I was glad to get home to the t.v. that had more options than the Olympics or 3-2-1 Contact.
My babies were very fun hospital stays. I enjoyed getting waited on and just relaxing for a few days. Also, with multiple children, it's about the only one-on-one time you get with those new babies (with the exception of night feedings, but are we really conscious enough to remember that time?). I soak up every minute. I look forward to delivering babies at hospitals where Jason works. I will be able to see him more than ever, and get spoiled rotten! /

3 comments:

Unknown said...

are you pregnant?

Parkinson Family said...

whoa, jeny! where did you get that idea? i said i look forward to having more babies, not that i am right now. i'm not pregnant.

Unknown said...

dang.