Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jeny's Hospital Stays

What an awful topic! I don't like hospitals! I have been hospitalized a few times, and neither was really bad I guess. When I was 5 I went to some hospital in CA for the belly button hernia thing. It was pretty fun, mostly, and Mom and Dad brought me a tiny barbie with clothes that Mom made for it. I still have most of that doll, and most of the clothes (Spot really liked barbie feet). The only bad part was after the surgery the nurse gave me a very small, very shallow tray to get sick in. When I filled that up, nobody was around so I just hopped out of bed and wheeled my IV thing into the bathroom with me. The nurse came in just then and yelled at me for getting out of bed, and I really hated her after that. I had 2 children in Canada, so I spent 5 days for each of those deliveries in the hospital. That was awful. Don't ever have babies (or anything else) in a socialized medicine country. That's all I'm gonna say about that. The other time in the good old USA was last year when my happy life began. I loved everything about that stay - I got out of work for a month, the nurses were super nice, the rest was great, I got out of work for a month, Holly came to visit me (almost the best part!), and I didn't have to go to work. But the best part was feeling so much better now that my female parts are gone. Life is good! Thank goodness for doctors who are also good friends and will do nice things like this for us!

No comments: