Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mindy's Hospital Stays

The only times I have been hospitalized were for normal childbirth. I really liked staying in the hospital. I got regular meals brought to me in bed, watched cable tv, which we didn't have at home, and got to hold my new baby and nap all I wanted. I've been to the hospital many times with Jason for kidney stones, hernia repair surgery, and staph infections. Dylan had surgery when he was 2 to remove a cavernous hemangioma (a big blood vessel) that had blown up to the size of a golf ball on his ribs overnight. That was scary. And kind of funny. The medicine they gave him before knocking him out for surgery made him giggle a LOT. I took Kate to the ER when she broke her wrist a year ago. I liked our hospital in Pocatello. They were quick and professional, but still friendly. Jason took Kate to the ER here twice last summer to have a huge gash in her foot fixed up, and then to have it refixed since they did it wrong the first time. They were so slow both times. Not too impressed with this hospital.


No comments: