Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mindy's Answer

Being the 6th, and 3 years younger than David, I was the oldest of the younger ones. I got the benefit having lots of moms, and still having a little responsibility for my younger siblings as well. Mom and Dad weren't as strict with me as they were with the older girls. For disadvantages, I came after the first boy (yay!) and before twins (wow!) and another boy (yay!). So I never felt like I was anything special. It's strange to think that my family was a family for ten years before I came along. Now I love where I am. I get the advantage of having so many siblings older and younger who know about lots of different things, and knowing I can call on them if I need to.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Well Min, you were special to me. I still liked new babies coming along when you came into our home so you were my special project. I changed diapers (cloth still, thank you very much!), fed you (sometimes things I knew you weren't supposed to have but that I knew you loved!!), played "change the babies clothes", and generally treated you as if you were my own. As you got older you still clung to me for everything until I left home. It was such a blow to come home from college and see that you didn't need me anymore. You actually went to Jeny or Amy when you needed something.
Remember, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom..." "WHAT?!" "Um...I love you!"

mindy said...

I don't remember that, but Mom told my kids about it a while ago and they've started doing it every once in a while. I'm sad I don't remember more.