Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hi family!

Yesterday I attended the funeral services for Shelley Lauritzen, Adam's wife. Let me just start by saying I love you all very much! This was probably the saddest funeral I have ever been to. I never met Shelley, but I used to babysit Adam-bomb back when they called him that, and although I don't know most of my cousins very well, I found that I have a special place in my heart for each of them - even the weird ones (maybe I should include myself in that category?).

The funeral was really very well done. Shelley's sister and Brother spoke, and I was very impressed by each of them. Shauna Lauritzen (can't remember her married name) sang and she has an amazing voice and that rare talent to sing while she's crying and still sound great. Then Uncle Robert spoke, and he did a great job. I really enjoyed his talk a lot. The bishop was last, and went a bit too long, but we expect that of bishops and finally some friends of Adam and Shelley sang what I think was a Christmas song and that was beautiful. Spencer and I have decided that when it's time for our funerals we want only Christmas songs to be sung, and Spencer might be OK if we put a song by Muse in the mix. He doesn't want boring songs.

Well, that's about it. I just really wanted to let you all know how much I love you and your families. I'm so glad we have such an assortment of personalities and abilities in our family! It makes life a much more interesting ride!

Love, Jeny

No comments: