Thursday, August 14, 2008

Amy's Name

I am answering just because I want to contribute but I have no idea where my name came from. I think they named me Amy because they already had 3 girls that ended with an E sound and the didn't want to stray from that (I think that's ultimately how they came up with Heidi and Holly cause they were originally supposed to be Katie and Megan). Amy is a form of the French Aimee and means beloved. I only wish it meant the world's greatest wife, mom, sister, daughter, and aunt.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Ha I never noticed that all the girls ended in an "E" sound. Thats funny

Unknown said...

well, not everyone can be as special as me. I asked mom and dad - they say we all just got our names because they liked the names. no dreams or visions or best friends of the past or anything like that.

Nickell said...

I am with Tere. I had never noticed either. Because how often are all the girls names said without adding dave and matt??? Not often at all!