Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Holy Secret 2

While Mom and I were driving to Northern Idaho and back, we listened together to the CD version of "The Holy Secret". That brings this second observation.
In the story, Albert gives a number of examples of how Old Testament notables and their stories were types or symbols of the Christ who was to come. There are so many of them, I won't try to repeat any of them. You need to read that section for yourself.
This is consistent with what Pres. McConkie taught us in our institute class. Almost everything -- scriptural or non -- testifies of Christ.
So, that evokes this short comment from me. Our focus in our personal lives, and the focus of what we teach our children should be Jesus Christ. We should pay particular attention to what He has done for us that we could not do for ourselves. And how much we owe Him that we can never repay.
He is the creator, the messiah and redeemer, the father of our bodies in that He has begotten us through His sacrifice. He really is so much more in our lives than that with which we credit Him.
I hope that we will all try much more diligently to focus on Christ and truly get to the point where we really do "...always remember Him." We should remember Him in the midst of both trials and rejoicings.
Dad

p.s. My challenge to you was to read the book and make comments on the blog -- not to just wait until I make comments and then comment on my comments (is that confusing enough?). I would like to hear what you have observed as you have read, and what the Spirit teaches you as you read this book. I know that all of us would benefit for your thoughts.

No comments: