Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jenylyn's Name

When I was quite young, Lori and Kristi would tell me all sorts of “stories”, and since they were the sophisticated, idolized sisters, I believed them. They told me that they picked my name and my parents like it, so I got my great name from them. (Really, I love my name, and always have). But the truth is, they were pretty young when I was born and could barely talk, and they had nothing to do with it. Once I was old enough to think about doing that math, I figured out that many of their “stories” were less than true. The truth is, Mom and Dad thought my cries sounded like beautiful music, so they named me after the very famous Jenny Lind (Dad told me that one, not Lori). Really, they did get the idea for my name from the opera star. They just liked the name, so that’s what I got. The only meaning I have been able to find came, remarkably, from my own head. It must mean “The Greatest Mom, Daughter, Sister and Aunt that ever lived”. I’m pretty sure that’s what it means. My nickname is, of course, “Lokrijeyou”, and like all of my sisters I will answer to almost anything because I have been called almost everything (I mean that in a nice way).

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I wish my name had an awesome meaning like that!