Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Uncle Remus

For those of you who haven't tried it, you must know: Uncle Remus rules! When Dad first sent out the CDs, Nico wasn't very interested so I got the book of Uncle Remus' Stories. Keep in mind, I read old southern black man very poorly. He spent most of the time we were reading laughing hilariously at my pronunciation and stumbling over words. Just recently he asked if he could listen to the Uncle Remus CDs that grandpa sent before he went to sleep and now will only settle down to sleep while listening to those CDs. He says, "Grandpa says the words better than you!" Go figure!

Thank you, Dad, for those CDs. It does bring back memories and I love that Nico is now learning to share the memories!

Lori

1 comment:

Barry Lauritzen said...

Thank you, Lori. And thank you, Nico. I had a lot of fun making those CD's, mostly at the urging of Jeny and Holly. I hope everyone enjoys them.