Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bruce Family Names...

I got my name from my name from my wonderful grandmothers (Thank you SO much for not being named Gerty or Olga). My nickname for as far back as forever as been Tere. (well, in middle school it was jolly green and high school it was amazon), but I really love my name. It's a wonderful name.
Keith got his name from his father's brother. He died as a baby in a car accident. My husband is the only person I know who could mix up their 1st, middle and last name and it still make complete sense. I can write this safely knowing Keith won't read this, but his nick name since he was a child has been Kee-Kee Poo. (don't ask me!)
I don't know where the girls got their names and neither does Keith
Derek has been a name I have loved since I had a crush on a neighbor boy in 4th grade. Had he been born on a Sunday, I was very serious on naming him Dale after my favorite race car driver.
Cassie (Cassandra) is one of the only names Keith and I agreed on. After she was born and named, we realized that was the name of his brother's dog. HA I thought that was funny.

No comments: