Sunday, August 17, 2008

Teresa's Activities

I didn't avidly do anything in high school. I mostly just dabbled in a bunch of different things. This is a good excuse to get the old picture books back out!
I did basketball the longest. I have played basketball since I was eight years old. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't any good. For some reason, though, coaches were determined my whole "schoolhood" to make me play because I've been 5'11" since I was born. I played until my junior year of high school.
Another big thing I was into in high school was JROTC. I wanted to join the Air Force more than anything (still kinda do). I did really well in ROTC and did several extra activities like drill team and color guard and raised alot of money for our school. I was also a flight commander of the honor flight of our school and a recognized flight by the Air Force Academy. That made me very proud.
I dabbled in other things like choir (mostly cause mom made me) but I can't find any pictures of that. I did a little modeling too.
The thing I did best was, what my dad called, "chilling" or "hanging". I spent ALOT of time doing these things with my friends. In Colorado, I "chilled" with Franklin and Erika (I can't find a picture of Erika right now). The most important school influence I had though was "The Batman Squad". I need to explain this, because it was a very big part of life for me. You see, Batman is hands down the greatest superhero EVER! Everyone in our group had a batman code name. ( I was Batman because I was the biggest fan and I came up with our symbol) In the picture you can see us all with hooked fingers. The "hooked" space is the head and the creases in your fingers create ears. Thus, you have The Dark Knight. I know... Super creative. We started this sign in 7th grade and did it until I moved when I was 16. It was rediculous, but a constant.
So, there's my activities in a nutshell! YAY!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! Look how pretty (and tall) you are!

Teresa said...

Well thank you! (Im blushing)