Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Heidi Wanted to Be...

There were oh, so many things I wanted to be when I grew up! Holly, Matt and I were going to be real Ghostbusters. The three of us together were actually quite the entrepreneurs! We came up with all sorts of money making businesses, and I think the lemonade stands at garage sales were the only things that ever brought in money. Even then we had to fork out our profits to mom to pay for the ingredients to make the lemonade and the cups. I enjoyed winning as many coloring contests as I could to earn some money, but never did aspire to be an artist. I wanted to be an astronaut. I also wanted to be a concert pianist. There was even a time I wanted to be the first female major league baseball player. Then I realized I would actually have to be able to play for that to happen, so I moved on to Broadway star. My dream was to play the part of Grizabella in Cats. Sadly, because that show is no longer running, that dream can never be realized. Maybe some other musical?? As a teenager, my big ambition was to be a voice in a Disney animated film. I would still absolutely love to do that, but realize that it isn't a very likely possibility. I don't think being a mom was ever something I considered. Not something I remember dreaming about, anyway. But you get what you get and you don't throw a fit and now that I'm here I might as well enjoy the journey!

No comments: