Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nickell Wanted to Be....

Mine changed a lot too but only between a few things. I would eventually like to be educated in all of these areas, for now I am just working on the one. And this is what they were...

Photographer. (Currently going to school now to make it "official" I guess.)

Interior Designer. (I've thought about applying to FIDM again, I don't think I will do that just because it requires so much attention and I'd rather pay attention to my kids. I'll probably just take classes where I'm going to school. At least I can say that I got into FIDM though!)

Cosmotologist. (With this one I wanted to cut hair. I pretend to know what I'm doing if it is more than a trim. Someday I want to go to hair school just so I have the skill, not necessarily to work in a salon, but just have the ability to not need to take my kids to the salon! But I want to be good at it, not just ok.)

There was also a time that I just wanted to be an artist. Painting, drawing, whatever... My mom and dad told me I'd be a struggling artist my whole life. Code for: you're not good enough to do that. So I dropped that dream and now it is just a hobby.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Ha thats the same thing my parents said as far as my painting- code for "you better have a backup plan" :)

Unknown said...

I didn't think Kristi understood how to speak in code.

Lloyd & Kristi said...

WOW! What? I invented Code! Just because I don't speak it most of the time because I think most of the world does not understand it. They understand straight talk. Just say it like it is. I understand all kinds of code and I CAN speak all code just so you know.