Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mindy's Favorite Food

My birthday dinner was either Yakitori or steak when I was young. I still love both. Actually, I'm with everyone else, I just like food. A lot. I love Nickell's chicken and pasta with asparagus and red pepper, which is kind of funny, because I didn't think I liked asparagus until I had that. Yum. I love baby back ribs, tortilla soup, chicken salad in a pita pocket. There's a pomegranate salad that I recently discovered from my sister in law Shalee. It's fabulous! I'll put it on the recipe site. I'll put a couple more on there too that have been a hit with my whole family. I've been trying to introduce more grains in our diet because we don't get enough. These both use barley. Lentils are really big around here, so I've been learning how to use them too. There's even a big lentil festival in the fall. We missed it this year. Shucks! Weird people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lentils? yuck! I guess there has to be something for everyone. Are there a lot of people with jewish ancestry there?

mindy said...

I don't know about Jewish ancestry, but there are a lot of what my father in law calls "granolas". They're really into whole foods, riding a bike everywhere, and Barack Obama.