Tuesday, June 3, 2008





About Kate's baptism: Kate was baptized Saturday. There were 7 kids getting baptized that day. I think it was fun for them all to have a special day with so many of their friends. The chapel was pretty full. Just our families took up two whole benches. It's wonderful to have so much family support. Means a lot to Kate and to me. Mom and Dad, Jeny, Mark, Tara, and Spencer, Holly and Shannon, and Nickell, Aaron, and Kade all came from our side. Yes, I got to hold the new baby. Ha ha! He's a doll, and so easy. The only times I heard him cry were when he was having his diaper changed. He really doesn't like that. Anyway, everyone stayed for church Sunday, and we had lots of laughter together. It was really a great weekend. Kate felt very special.


House update: We have been showing our house almost every day. We got an offer Friday night that was not even close to ideal, but we countered and prayed that a better offer would come along before the first one was under contract. Well, it did. Last night a family came through the house. We drove in as they were leaving and recognized them. They are in our ward. They rent a house up the hill, and want to stay in the ward. I told their realtor that we had an offer pending already, so she hurried them into an offer that is going to be much better for us. The people who made the first offer were still waiting to find out if they could qualify for a loan for the amount we wanted, so they'll have to look elsewhere now. We'll close either June 27 (when they want to) or July 7 (when we want to). I'd made doctor's appointment for my kids 2 months ago, and July 7 was the earliest they could get them in. Anyway, yay! Our house is sold!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great News!! I'm so glad this is all working out for you! We really are glad we could all come up for this special day for Kate. I hope she has successfully hidden the cookie crisp!

Holly Emerson said...

Yeah, right! I'm sure the cookie crisp is long gone by now! It was a very fun weekend, and that must be a huge relief to have the house sold. Yay!

Nickell said...

I am happy you sold the house!!!

kristi said...

ok one more time for those of you who have a hard time remembering. Take a minute to breathe if you need to. There is no laughing when I am not there to laugh with you. It just isn't funny if I am not laughing with you. I'm going to let it go this time because it was Kate's baptism but...

Unknown said...

I'm laughing right now. Haha!