Friday, June 6, 2008

Mom's Furniture and Neighborhood Experience

I'm kind of behind a few weeks. The first furniture was probably the piano. Or it could have been the green, orange, and gold plaid couch and chair. We still have the chair 30? years old. We recovered it a year ago and now Dad wants to get rid of it/.
The experience I remember most was when I was about 14 or 15. We had a slogan in Mutual as it was called then, "Light the way to MIA". All the people in the ward were supposed to turn their lights on on their porch so we could get home safely. There were about 5 on our block that were not members so it was quite dark. I left Jackee's house and started up to mine. About 1/2 way up a man was coming down the street and when he passed me he turned around right behind me. I took off and ran in my house just in time. He must have thought I just ran into any house, because he paced back and forth in front of the house for a long time. My Dad called the police and they picked him up but couldn't hold him. The next day he murdered an 11 year old babysitter in American Fork. I heard he was released about 2 years ago. His name was DeVere Poulson.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

that is so scary! I can't believe he would wait outside the house!