Sunday, June 29, 2008

Heidi's Favorite Date

My favorite color--any jewel tone. My favorite flower--anything, just like mom. If it smells good, all the better. My favorite activity--reading while soaking in a bubble bath.
My most memorable date is also when I got engaged. It was March in Rexburg and there was probably still a foot of snow on the ground. Jason took me to a nearby park and fixed a candlelight barbecue dinner. The steaks wouldn't cook because it was too cold outside, so we just ate everything else while we shivered. Then he went to the car and came back with fire and ice roses, my favorite, and knelt in the snow to propose.
We've had lots of memorable dates since. In Virginia, our friends surprised us with a candlelight dinner in the park, this time in the summer. Last Christmas after I dropped the kids off at our babysitting co-op, I got home to a surprise date that Jason had prepared. He had a bubble bath all ready for me and while I was soaking and listening to the Christmas music he turned on for me, he was fixing me a great dinner. To all those with young kids, I highly recommend getting a babysitting co-op together! We did it for the last four years in Virginia and had SO much fun with our dates. We played Frisbee golf, racquetball, tennis, went to movies, dinner, played games with friends, and sometimes just went to Wal-Mart to see how it felt to go there without kids. It was great!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

what is a babysitting co-op? Im interested in having time with my husband alone!